Z4/Z5 getting exclusive tech? - BMW Z5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Z4/Z5 getting exclusive tech?

Looking through the latest round of spy shots one thing that really stands out the screens! Infotainment and instrument cluster screens, with infotainment being the most interesting. This time around its much larger compared to the BMW 4-Series, even the all-new 7-Series.

Either this is for real or BMW is playing with us.

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 04:57 PM

Could definitely be real. It could be one of those infotainment system that just integrates majority of the car functions into it including climate control and all of that. Definitely something I would love once there's still a volume knob haha.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 11:38 AM

That isn't the whole screen as you could see a wave as it's just a plastic over it but the new Supra interior shots were revealed and I'm pretty sure the same sized screen will be used as you can see the BMW system being implemented.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Well, that might be one area easy to make different from one car maker to another since each have their own tech.
This product being a first for Toyota we might see something unique to the Supra. Nothing else I can thing of they'll pull from.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 11:56 AM

I'm not too sure, I think it'll be another piece that's just shared among the Z4 or whatever. Yeah, they'll have different start up screens and maybe the menu will be different colors and just overall theme, but functionality, I think it'll all be the same.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 04:54 AM

I'd prefer it if automakers would stop adding those touch pads onto their center stack. I can see something like a touch pad on the Z5 dial, which looks like a drive mode selector.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM

The iDrive controller has had a touch pad on it for a while so unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what we'll be getting with the next Z as well. I'm not fond of them as well though, their either too sensitive, or don't respond well, or just overall very distracting to use.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page