Latest 2018 BMW Z4 Rendering From X-Tomi - BMW Z5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Latest 2018 BMW Z4 Rendering From X-Tomi

As one of the more well-known renderers in the automotive industry, X-Tomi Design has taken on the challenge of imaging what the production 2018 BMW Z4 could look like and it’s a beauty.

Sporting a deep shade of blue, the new roadster still retains some styling elements from the BMW line-up. We can see a set of familiar headlights on either side of the iconic, yet prominent kidney grille. The rest of the front facia consists of a sculpted hood, a front bumper with large air intakes and what looks to be strip LED fog lights.

Rounding out its aggressive looks are the large vents located at the front quarter panels, beefy rear haunches, and a unique set of alloy wheels.

Sitting on a platform developed in a collaborative effort by BMW and Toyota, we still don’t know much about what’s hiding under the hood, but BMW Americas boss Ludwig Willisch hinted that one offering is a six-cylinder engine. Perhaps the Z4 will be powered by a 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline-six, capable of cranking out 335 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque. What is for certain is the availability of a manual gearbox once the Z4 goes on sale as its interior was recently spotted with what seems to be a 6 gear shifter.

Hopefully, BMW will release more information soon as the start of production is expected to be in November of next year.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 03:25 PM

If it's in the range of 350ish and looks like that, call it a day and sign me up asap. Especially love those wheels too. The six speed is also something I'm going to want to go with because turbos and a manual transmission just means a lot of fun.

This is very accurate though considering it follows the styling of the lineup currently. X-Tomi Designs is always on point.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 07:35 PM

I hate convertibles and prefer coupes, verts take away from the cars design and this Z4/Z5 is no different. But of course being a Z4/Z5 a vert version is necessary. Too bad its hard to say what the upper portion of the coupe will look like.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 03:42 PM

Definitely going to have to deal with the Z4/Z5 being a convertible as it was only expected lol. I don't even think the last iteration of the Z4 came in coupe form did it?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page