U.S model to get more oomph - BMW Z5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

U.S model to get more oomph

There are some articles and reports going around that the U.S bound Z4 will be getting more horsepower than the Euro spec'd model. While the European press has quoted 340hp for the M40i First Edition, the American press has yet to claim any official horsepower numbers. There is also a .2 second difference in the claimed 0-60mph time, which at first was thought to just an error. These reports indicate that due to new WLTP standards, that Euro customers could be robbed of up to 40hp.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 03:38 PM

I'm dreaming for a return of the M Coupe but this time around as a hatch version of the M4 GTS. There's just no better BMW product to get similar treatment.

Here to a future with an M Coupe GTS.....

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 02:28 PM

It looks like those early speculations were true. Its been confirmed that the range topping model with 382hp will have 47hp more in the United States, due to less stringent emission regulations. It looks like torque numbers remain the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
I'm dreaming for a return of the M Coupe but this time around as a hatch version of the M4 GTS. There's just no better BMW product to get similar treatment.

Here to a future with an M Coupe GTS.....

BMW has already confirmed that the Z4 wont be getting an M variant. And it also looks like the early rumors of a manual transmission were completely false as well.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
BMW has already confirmed that the Z4 wont be getting an M variant. And it also looks like the early rumors of a manual transmission were completely false as well.
of the current Z4 as it is... i won't mind but I think these days its about time they bring back an M Coupe. historically they have been different from their Z siblings.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page