2019 BMW Z4 Interior Spied - BMW Z5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

2019 BMW Z4 Interior Spied

With the weather warming up, it was only a matter of time until BMW test drivers lowered the Z4 Roadster’s soft top, giving photographers a chance to snap up a few pictures of its interior. Spies from CarBuzz recently managed to catch up with a prototype while it was being tested at the Nurburgring, taking pictures of both it’s interior and sparsely camouflaged exterior.

Either the car was not turned on or the display wasn’t fully functioning because both the infotainment screen was completely dark but to the left of it was BMW’s digital instrument cluster, which was fully lit.

Running a new system called Operating System 7, the instrument display can be adjusted to suit a driver’s needs with a navigation map being shown alongside various features that can be individually displayed including oil temperature and current fuel economy rating. Similarly, the new infotainment system should be just as intuitive with a cleaner layout.

All this is controlled by a traditional iDrive controller to the right of the shifter or via touch, voice and gesture controls.

Under the center screen are two air vents with black trim and a center console button layout that’s reminiscent of Audi models. There’s also a USB port and what seems to be a wireless phone charger.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 10:41 AM

The vents looks like they don't blend in for some reason, maybe BMW should have made them a bit longer and I hope the patterned center console material isn't here to stay. Other than that, I'm excited to see the new Operating System 7 in action and maybe it'll be Google Map compatible.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 01:07 PM

I wouldn't expect the finish on the center console to change, unless there are different additional options for extra money. Really like the looks of the digital gauge cluster and infotainment screen. Was hoping for an interior shot that featured a stick shift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 12:42 PM

Will the new Z4 even come with a manual gearbox? The Supra is getting an automatic only from what I remember, with how close the two models are, I assume the same would apply to BMW's new roadster.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page