Auto Express reviews the Z4 prototype - BMW Z5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Auto Express reviews the Z4 prototype

It looks like some auto publications have been given the opportunity to test out BMW's new upcoming Z4. Even though its not in production form, they seem to think that the prototype is already spot on. In fact they think that it should have an M badge on it, considering its performance. From the footage is looks like its incredible easy to control, with the reviewer having no problems drifting the car in 4th gear. Cant wait to see this thing unmasked.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 04:15 PM

If Toyota gets the Supra right and makes it a more track focused vehicle with trims that get as aggressive as what we see from Porsche, then I might just kiss BMW goodbye!
BMW is nice but Toyota has a lot to prove, with that comes things consumers really want.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Well its looking like the Supra is taking most of its components directly from BMW. From the spy photos and leaked documents we've seen, the engine options and interior styling are inherently German. I personally don't really think you could go wrong with either model, but I'm still more interested in the Z4 as it'll be offered with a manual gearbox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
Well its looking like the Supra is taking most of its components directly from BMW. From the spy photos and leaked documents we've seen, the engine options and interior styling are inherently German. I personally don't really think you could go wrong with either model, but I'm still more interested in the Z4 as it'll be offered with a manual gearbox.
On lower end trims I can see that being the case, to mitigate cost, etc. However as we get into higher end trims, that should change. What Lexus has planned for its performance division should find its way here.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Well the GRMN variant of the Supra will be in a whole different category should it be confirmed for production, but that's likely to be in a much different price bracket. Toyota has also mentioned that there was almost no consideration for comfort and practicality in the new MKV, so that's another area where the Z4 could have an advantage.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 05:38 PM

As long as its pricing doesn't cross over too much into Porsche 911 pricing then Toyota shouldn't have a problem selling these. I can't see it going past the $100k mark.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page